Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Modernize mktree somewhat

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 11:49:45 -0700

This series updates mktree to make it a built-in, teaches it to use
parse-options, and then adds tests.  These are all necessary steps to
modernize it.

The last one adds --missing option to make things consistent with other
parts of the system.  The combination of update-index and write-tree has
provisions to record a tree of objects that we may not have, but so far it
was not possible with mktree.

Junio C Hamano (6):
  build-in git-mktree
  mktree: use parse-options
  builtin-mktree.c: use a helper function to handle one line of input
  mktree: do not barf on a submodule commit
  t1010: add mktree test
  mktree --missing: allow missing objects

 Makefile          |    2 +-
 builtin-mktree.c  |  141 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 builtin.h         |    1 +
 git.c             |    1 +
 mktree.c          |  131 -------------------------------------------------
 t/t1010-mktree.sh |   71 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 132 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 builtin-mktree.c
 delete mode 100644 mktree.c
 create mode 100755 t/t1010-mktree.sh