Subject: [PATCH WIP 0/4] Special code path for large blobs

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:29:06 +1000

Thread "Problem with large files on different OSes" reminds me this.
This series is in my repository for quite some time. It addresses
adding/checking out large blobs as long as:

 - no conversion will be done
 - blobs are loose (in checkout case)

Together with a patch that prevents large blobs from being packed
(something like Dana How sent long ago), and a modification of "lazy
clone/remote alternatives" patch to avoid packing large blobs again
for sending over network, I think it should make git possible for
large files.

Just something to play.

Nguyá»…n ThÃ¡i Ngá»c Duy (4):
  convert.c: refactor in order to skip conversion early without looking
    into file content
  sha1_file.c: add streaming interface for reading blobs
  write_entry: use streaming interface for checkout large files
  index_fd: support indexing large files

 cache.h     |   10 +++
 convert.c   |   86 ++++++++++++++++++++---
 entry.c     |   68 +++++++++++++++++
 sha1_file.c |  233 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 388 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)