Subject: [JGIT PATCH] Fixed RefUpdateTest.tryRenameWhenLocked() family of tests

From: Constantine Plotnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:38:07 +0400

If file is left locked after the test, the cleanup does
not work on Windows since locked files cannot be deleted. 
The patch adds unlock for the aquired lock, so the cleanup 
now works.

Signed-off-by: Constantine Plotnikov <[email-masked]>
---
This is a second time the problem occurs. Please release all locks
that are being acquired, otherwise the tests will fail on Windows.
 
 .../tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/RefUpdateTest.java    |   51 +++++++++++---------
 1 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

diff --git a/org.spearce.jgit.test/tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/RefUpdateTest.java b/org.spearce.jgit.test/tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/RefUpdateTest.java
index 83eb4ed..ec00fac 100644
--- a/org.spearce.jgit.test/tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/RefUpdateTest.java
+++ b/org.spearce.jgit.test/tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/RefUpdateTest.java
@@ -463,29 +463,34 @@ assertTrue("internal check, we have a log", new File(db.getDirectory(),
 				"logs/" + fromName).exists());
 
 		// "someone" has branch X locked
-		assertTrue(new LockFile(new File(db.getDirectory(), toLock)).lock());
-
-		// Now this is our test
-		RefRename renameRef = db.renameRef(fromName, toName);
-		Result result = renameRef.rename();
-		assertEquals(Result.LOCK_FAILURE, result);
-
-		// Check that the involved refs are the same despite the failure
-		assertExists(false, toName);
-		if (!toLock.equals(toName))
-			assertExists(false, toName + ".lock");
-		assertExists(true, toLock + ".lock");
-		if (!toLock.equals(fromName))
-			assertExists(false, "logs/" + fromName + ".lock");
-		assertExists(false, "logs/" + toName + ".lock");
-		assertEquals(oldHeadId, db.resolve(Constants.HEAD));
-		assertEquals(oldfromId, db.resolve(fromName));
-		assertNull(db.resolve(toName));
-		assertEquals(oldFromLog.toString(), db.getReflogReader(fromName)
-				.getReverseEntries().toString());
-		if (oldHeadId != null)
-			assertEquals(oldHeadLog, db.getReflogReader(Constants.HEAD)
-					.getReverseEntries());
+		LockFile lockFile = new LockFile(new File(db.getDirectory(), toLock));
+		try {
+			assertTrue(lockFile.lock());
+
+			// Now this is our test
+			RefRename renameRef = db.renameRef(fromName, toName);
+			Result result = renameRef.rename();
+			assertEquals(Result.LOCK_FAILURE, result);
+	
+			// Check that the involved refs are the same despite the failure
+			assertExists(false, toName);
+			if (!toLock.equals(toName))
+				assertExists(false, toName + ".lock");
+			assertExists(true, toLock + ".lock");
+			if (!toLock.equals(fromName))
+				assertExists(false, "logs/" + fromName + ".lock");
+			assertExists(false, "logs/" + toName + ".lock");
+			assertEquals(oldHeadId, db.resolve(Constants.HEAD));
+			assertEquals(oldfromId, db.resolve(fromName));
+			assertNull(db.resolve(toName));
+			assertEquals(oldFromLog.toString(), db.getReflogReader(fromName)
+					.getReverseEntries().toString());
+			if (oldHeadId != null)
+				assertEquals(oldHeadLog, db.getReflogReader(Constants.HEAD)
+						.getReverseEntries());
+		} finally {
+			lockFile.unlock();
+		}
 	}
 
 	private void assertExists(boolean positive, String toName) {
-- 
1.6.1.2