Subject: [RFC PATCH v2 0/4] Sparse checkout

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:19:18 +0700

Another RFC, which is more usable than the last series I sent out.
Compared to the last one, a few more patches have gone the way of
Dodo; 'git shape-workdir' has become a hook and should be easier
to write too. All you need is a few
"git update-index --[no-]assume-unchanged" in .git/hooks/sparse.

Nguyá»…n ThÃ¡i Ngá»c Duy (4):
  Prevent diff machinery from examining assume-unchanged entries on
    worktree
  gitignore: read from index if .gitignore is assume-unchanged
  unpack_trees(): add support for sparse checkout
  read-tree: add --no-sparse to turn off sparse hook

 Documentation/technical/api-directory-listing.txt |    3 +
 builtin-clean.c                                   |    5 +-
 builtin-ls-files.c                                |    4 +-
 builtin-read-tree.c                               |    4 +-
 cache.h                                           |    3 +
 diff-lib.c                                        |    5 +-
 dir.c                                             |   70 +++++++---
 t/t1009-read-tree-sparse.sh                       |   48 +++++++
 t/t3001-ls-files-others-exclude.sh                |   20 +++
 t/t4039-diff-assume-unchanged.sh                  |   31 ++++
 t/t7300-clean.sh                                  |   19 +++
 unpack-trees.c                                    |  154 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 unpack-trees.h                                    |    3 +
 13 files changed, 335 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t1009-read-tree-sparse.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t4039-diff-assume-unchanged.sh