Subject: Re: [spf:guess] Re: [PATCH 2/5] git-svn: Make merge metadata accessible to make_log_entry

From: Alex Vandiver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 18:10:10 -0500

At Sat Dec 05 17:59:32 -0500 2009, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Hi, I've just seen the series, looks like a good idea.  Just a couple of
> questions then I'll review the code;
> 
>  - when a change is merged upstream with svk, you will get multiple log
> entries in a single commit message.  What do you do with commits like
> that?

If the user edited the merge message and supplied their own message,
nothing.  If the first line is an SVK merge line, it inserts a message
"Merged from /svn/path/to/trunk:12345\n\n" at the top.

>  - there are quite a few repos which will have empty commits (ie, no
> changes), but with one or more of the above log entries, owing to a bug
> which I can't seem to find the details of right now..  how might those
> appear?

Without seeing an example, I'm not sure offhand -- but what you're
describing does ring a bell, so I'm sure I've seen the mismerges
you're talking about as well.
 - Alex
-- 
Networking -- only one letter away from not working