Subject: Re: [PATCH] Building Git on Tru64

From: "Daniel Richard G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:46:49 -0400

On Thu, 2010 Apr 15 21:29+0200, Alex Riesen wrote:
>
> That one may be better handled at one place (git-compat-util.h?) with
> something like:
>
>   #ifdef Tru64
>   #define MAP_FAILED ((void *)MAP_FAILED)
>   #endif

I agree with the sentiment, but you can't have a macro refer to itself
:]

> P.S. You may consider reading Documentation/SubmittingPatches. The way
> you did it is a little unconventional.

The patch isn't meant to be committed as-is, at least not all of it.
Some of these things need to be massaged in a little (e.g. having
hstrerror.c #include git-compat-util.h instead of just sticking #define
_OSF_SOURCE at the top), but I need to hear from others on how to go
about this.

--Daniel

(Please Cc: any replies to me, as I am not subscribed to this list.)

-- 
NAME = Daniel Richard G.     _\|/_    Remember, skunks
MAIL = [email-masked]     (/o|o\) _- don't smell bad---
MAIL+= [email-masked]   < (^),>     it's the people who
WWW  = (not there yet!)      /   \      annoy us that do!