Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (May 2010, #01; Sun, 2)

From: Will Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 19:54:35 +0100

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 09:12 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> This seems to cause intermittent test failure for me especially when run
> under "make -j4".
> 
> * wp/pretty-enhancement (2010-04-30) 5 commits
>  - pretty: add aliases for pretty formats
>  - pretty: add infrastructure to allow format aliases
>  - pretty: make it easier to add new formats
>  - pretty: make %H/%h/etc respect --abbrev[-commit]
>  - pretty: add conditional %C?colorname placeholders

Does it still happen with the latest (3-commit) series? I suspect the
most-likely to cause test failures would be the --abbrev[-commit]
changes, though I suppose "intermittent" could point to a memory
problem, which is more likely to be from "make it easier to add new
formats" or "add infrastructure..."

Haven't been able to reproduce here (just running make -m4 in a
while-loop all night) Any specific tests failing?

-- 
-- Will