Subject: [PATCH] tests: rename test to work around GNU gettext bug

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:13:29 +0000

Rename t0200-gettext.sh to t0200-gettext-basic.sh. Versions of GNU
gettext before v0.15 (released in 2006) fail to run the test because
of an old bug in gettext.sh.

To conform with the FHS gettext.sh prints a help message when it's
invoked directly. To do this it checks if $0 is "gettext.sh". This
check was broken before v0.15, it was checking for *\gettext.sh (to
support Windows), but now correctly checks for *\\gettext.sh.

t0200-gettext-basic.sh matched the former broken check, so on systems
with an old GNU gettext (like RHEL 5.4) the test simply printed:

    ./t0200-gettext.sh
    GNU gettext shell script function library version 0.14.6
    Usage: . gettext.sh
    FATAL: Unexpected exit with code 1

Which is just the gettext.sh help output:

    $ gettext.sh
    GNU gettext shell script function library version 0.17
    Usage: . gettext.sh

Change the test name to t0200-gettext-basic.sh to work around the
issue.

Reported-by: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---

This patch is against pu. It requires the gettext series already
there.

 t/{t0200-gettext.sh => t0200-gettext-basic.sh} |    0
 1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 rename t/{t0200-gettext.sh => t0200-gettext-basic.sh} (100%)

diff --git a/t/t0200-gettext.sh b/t/t0200-gettext-basic.sh
similarity index 100%
rename from t/t0200-gettext.sh
rename to t/t0200-gettext-basic.sh
-- 
1.7.2.rc3.125.g94e09.dirty