Subject: [PATCH/RFC 0/3] Update compat/regex

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 03:25:45 +0000

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:26, Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Alternatively try out gawk, as it does not use gnulib but has the same set
> of sanitizations.

Why didn't you say that earlier? :)

Here's a RFC patch series that uses the gawk regex engine from the
gawk-devel branch of gawk CVS.

It compiles on Linux/FreeBSD and Solaris, with only a single warning
on FreeBSD due to an unused variable (upstream bug).

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (3):
  compat/regex: use the regex engine from gawk for compat
  compat/regex: hacks to get the gawk regex engine to compile within
    git
  t/t7008-grep-binary.sh: un-TODO a test that needs REG_STARTEND

 Makefile                      |    4 +
 compat/regex/COPYING          |  674 ++++++
 compat/regex/mbsupport.h      |   59 +
 compat/regex/regcomp.c        | 3892 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex.c          | 5003 +----------------------------------------
 compat/regex/regex.h          |  462 +++--
 compat/regex/regex_internal.c | 1744 ++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex_internal.h |  810 +++++++
 compat/regex/regexec.c        | 4377 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh        |    2 +-
 10 files changed, 11921 insertions(+), 5106 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/COPYING
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/mbsupport.h
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regcomp.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.h
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regexec.c

-- 
1.7.2.1.389.gc3d0b