Subject: [PATCH/RFC v2 0/3] Update compat/regex

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 05:17:10 +0000

This has the following changes:

 * Supply the custom regex.o flags only to regex.o as suggested by
   Jonathan Nieder:
        
        +ifdef NO_REGEX
        +compat/regex/regex.o: EXTRA_CPPFLAGS = -DGAWK -DNO_MBSUPPORT
        +endif

 * The code is LGPL-2.1, not GPL-3

 * Don't include mbsupport.h, we don't need it, and it can be
   un-included with a flag.

 * Simplify our modifications to regex.h, just include two headers at
   the very top, don't modify any gawk code.

 * Update commit messages
        
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (3):
  compat/regex: use the regex engine from gawk for compat
  compat/regex: get the gawk regex engine to compile within git
  t/t7008-grep-binary.sh: un-TODO a test that needs REG_STARTEND

 Makefile                      |    4 +
 compat/regex/regcomp.c        | 3892 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex.c          | 5003 +----------------------------------------
 compat/regex/regex.h          |  462 +++--
 compat/regex/regex_internal.c | 1744 ++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex_internal.h |  810 +++++++
 compat/regex/regexec.c        | 4377 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh        |    2 +-
 8 files changed, 11188 insertions(+), 5106 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regcomp.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.h
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regexec.c

-- 
1.7.2.1.389.gc3d0b