Subject: Re: Really beginner on Version Control

From: FernandoBasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 04:49:49 -0700 (PDT)

On 09/22/2010 04:35 AM, Thomas Hochstein [via git] wrote:
>
> You have changed "hello" to world in your testing branch. When you
> merge your testing branch back to your master branch, git will apply
> all changes you made in testing to master. That's not a problem in
> that case, as master was not changed since testing was branched from
> it.
>

Okay. So, If I have not changed master since I last edited testing, I can
merge testing into master without problem.

I merge testing into master (without problems) and I change master and merge
testing into master again (without any further modification). Now, git
thinks that the changes I've just made in master are more important than the
old changes in testing ?

-- 
View this message in context: http://git.661346.n2.nabble.com/Really-beginner-on-Version-Control-tp5555023p5558706.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.