Subject: [WIP PATCH 00/18] setup tests

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:11:32 +0700

These tests are created according to [1] and its following
discussions. I have yet to create tests for the last 16 cases, which
might be simpler.  Tests from 8-15 are usually copy of 0-7 with some
modification. If you find bugs in 0-7, stop reading 8-15, it's just
wasting time.

The rules are bent a bit the way the code does it, specifically:

 - GIT_WORK_TREE is relative to cwd, not GIT_DIR
 - core.worktree is always effective regardless GIT_DIR/--git-dir

Also I assume that when cwd is outside worktree, cwd should be
unchanged (therefore prefix is NULL). This is the behavior when
GIT_DIR and GIT_WORK_TREE are set. Let's apply it to all other cases
where cwd may be outside worktree.

Adjusting the expected results is not hard. So it's up to you guys.
Once we agree on something, I can update the tests.

Also when GIT_DIR is set, .git _file_ is not recognized because
setup_explicit_git_dir() does not accept it. There are a
_lot_ of failed tests due to this. I probably should fix that,
otherwise tests #8-15 may not be very reliable.

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/20101020085859.GA13135@do

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (18):
  rev-parse: add --internal-cwd and --internal-git-dir for tests
  Add t1510 for setup tests
  t1510: setup case #0
  t1510: setup case #1
  t1510: setup case #2
  t1510: setup case #3
  t1510: setup case #4
  t1510: setup case #5
  t1510: setup case #6
  t1510: setup case #7
  t1510: setup case #8
  t1510: setup case #9
  t1510: setup case #10
  t1510: setup case #11
  t1510: setup case #12
  t1510: setup case #13
  t1510: setup case #14
  t1510: setup case #15

 builtin/rev-parse.c   |   11 +
 t/t1510-repo-setup.sh | 2483 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 2494 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t1510-repo-setup.sh