Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [RFD] Using gitrevisions :/search style with other operators

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 21:58:37 +0700

Let's start off from where the previous discussion [1] stopped. People
seem to agree ref^{/regex} is a good choice. But we have not come to
conclusion how to specify the count yet. Possible suggestions are

 - ref^{/foo}2
 - ref^{2/foo}
 - ref^{:2/foo}
 - ref^{2nd/foo}

For whatever syntax chosen, :/ should benefit too. I notice that :/!
is reserved for future use. Perhaps :/!2/regex is not too cryptic?

I'd also like to do case-insensitive regex, by the way. :/!2i/regex
looks a bit ugly.

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/[email-masked]

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
  get_sha1_oneline: allow to input commit_list
  get_sha1: support ref^{/regex} syntax

 Documentation/revisions.txt |    7 ++++++
 sha1_name.c                 |   45 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 2 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.2.316.gda8b3