Subject: [RFC/WIP 0/3] Shared config

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:09:45 +0700

Another approach is [1]. I think this one is somewhat simpler and
exposes less risk by putting the shared config under version control.

This is not complete (for example, git-prune should learn about this),
but is there any serious flaw that I missed?

One thing that I haven't thought of is the shared config between
subprojects. Maybe there's a better approach for subprojects.

(The resistance to nd/struct-pathspec seems great. This is the second
time I come to address it and end up with something else)

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/162309

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (3):
  config: read full file content before parsing
  config: add git_config_from_sha1() to read from a blob
  config: add core.sharedconfig

 cache.h       |    1 +
 config.c      |  110 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 environment.c |    1 +
 3 files changed, 85 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.3.476.g893a9