Subject: [PATCH 00/21] nd/struct-pathspec v2

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:02:35 +0700

Changes from previous version [1]

 - fixes depth limit and overlapping pathspecs, by checking deepest
   pathspecs first. struct pathspec is now sorted (raw[] untouched)

 - match_pathspec_depth depends on new match_pathspec_item() (a
   clone of match_one(), but takes advantage of struct pathspec)

 - ce_path_match uses struct pathspec

 - strbuf is used instead of fixed length "base" buffer. This
   introduces the weird strbuf_offset() function.

 - never_interesting is disabled if any wildcards is present

 - struct pathspec * == NULL is unacceptable, callers must pass
   non-NULL.

 - a bit more tests

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/[email-masked]

Jonathan Nieder (1):
  glossary: define pathspec

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (20):
  Add struct pathspec
  diff-no-index: use diff_tree_setup_paths()
  Convert struct diff_options to use struct pathspec
  tree_entry_interesting(): remove dependency on struct diff_options
  Move tree_entry_interesting() to tree-walk.c and export it
  diff-tree: convert base+baselen to writable strbuf
  tree_entry_interesting(): refactor into separate smaller functions
  tree_entry_interesting(): support depth limit
  tree_entry_interesting(): fix depth limit with overlapping pathspecs
  tree_entry_interesting(): support wildcard matching
  tree_entry_interesting(): optimize wildcard matching when base is matched
  pathspec: add match_pathspec_depth()
  Convert ce_path_match() to use struct pathspec
  Convert ce_path_match() to use match_pathspec_depth()
  grep: convert to use struct pathspec
  grep: use match_pathspec_depth() for cache/worktree grepping
  strbuf: allow "buf" to point to the middle of the allocated buffer
  grep: use writable strbuf from caller for grep_tree()
  grep: drop pathspec_matches() in favor of tree_entry_interesting()
  t7810: overlapping pathspecs and depth limit

 Documentation/glossary-content.txt |   23 +++
 builtin/diff-files.c               |    2 +-
 builtin/diff.c                     |    4 +-
 builtin/grep.c                     |  197 +++++++-------------------
 builtin/log.c                      |    2 +-
 builtin/update-index.c             |    8 +-
 cache.h                            |   17 ++-
 diff-lib.c                         |   12 ++-
 diff-no-index.c                    |   13 +-
 diff.h                             |    4 +-
 dir.c                              |  151 ++++++++++++++++++++
 dir.h                              |    4 +
 preload-index.c                    |    5 +-
 read-cache.c                       |   25 +---
 revision.c                         |   11 +-
 strbuf.c                           |   36 ++++--
 strbuf.h                           |   10 +-
 t/t4010-diff-pathspec.sh           |   32 ++++
 t/t7810-grep.sh                    |   18 +++
 tree-diff.c                        |  277 +++++++++---------------------------
 tree-walk.c                        |  180 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 tree-walk.h                        |    2 +
 wt-status.c                        |    5 +-
 23 files changed, 615 insertions(+), 423 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.3.476.g10a82