Subject: Re: rebase planning: determining blobs changed by multiple branches

From: Marc Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 01:59:11 +0100

Hi Neal,

I'm not quite sure what you want to do?
rebase all branches on top of commit l so that they are up to date?

Why do you want to find common blobs?
If the same conflict happens you could use gitrere and reuse a conflict
resolution.

git ls-files --with $HASH
gives you a list of files

git diff --name-only
should  give you a nice list of modified files.

So using the intersection of  ls-files of branch and tip should give you
common files. Substracting changed files using --name-only should yield
the files which were not modified.
Maybe there are nicer solutions though.

Rebasing is always bad. Have you considered using top-git?
This way you can merge with tip and create the rebased patches using the
export function.

Marc Weber