Subject: [PATCH 0/9] column output v3

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:57:44 +0700

Compared to v2 [1]. It's quite ready for consumption:

 - dense mode works better (and consumes more cpu cycles, but not much)
 - there should be no impact when it's not activated (i.e. no
   output buffering)
 - column.ui is used for default settings. Not sure if I should go for
   column.branch and column.tag
 - --[no-]column can be used to override column.ui

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/[email-masked]

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (9):
  Move term_columns() to pager.c and save terminal width before pager
  Add display_columns() to display in columnar layout
  column: add functions to parse column settings
  display_columns: add COL_MODE_{COLUMN,ROW} mode
  display_columns: add COL_DENSE to do unequal column layout
  column: add column.ui for default column output settings
  help: reuse display_columns() for help -a
  tag: add --column
  branch: add --column

 .gitignore                   |    1 +
 Documentation/config.txt     |   24 +++
 Documentation/git-branch.txt |    9 +
 Documentation/git-tag.txt    |   11 +-
 Makefile                     |    3 +
 builtin/branch.c             |   23 ++-
 builtin/tag.c                |   21 ++-
 column.c                     |  378 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 column.h                     |   22 +++
 help.c                       |   53 +-----
 pager.c                      |   33 ++++
 parse-options.h              |    2 +
 t/t9002-column.sh            |  135 +++++++++++++++
 test-column.c                |   39 +++++
 14 files changed, 701 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 column.c
 create mode 100644 column.h
 create mode 100755 t/t9002-column.sh
 create mode 100644 test-column.c

-- 
1.7.4.74.g639db