Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Deprecate "not allow as-is commit with i-t-a entries"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:57:31 +0700

By the end of this series "git commit -m foo" will proceed regardless
intent-to-add (aka "git add -N") entries. commit.ignoreIntentToAdd is
used as transitiono config key.

The plan is in 2/4. I set 1.8.0 as the first deprecation date, but of
course it's just a suggestion. The second deprecation date might be
1.8.5, long enough for users to adapt to the new behavior.

..or we switch back half way because we find current behavior does
make more sense.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  cache-tree: update API to take abitrary flags
  commit: introduce a config key to allow as-is commit with i-t-a
    entries
  commit: turn commit.ignoreIntentToAdd to true by default
  commit: remove commit.ignoreIntentToAdd, assume it's always true

 Documentation/git-add.txt |   12 ++++++++++--
 builtin/commit.c          |    9 ++++++---
 cache-tree.c              |   35 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 cache-tree.h              |    5 ++++-
 merge-recursive.c         |    2 +-
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh     |   21 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 test-dump-cache-tree.c    |    2 +-
 7 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.8.36.g69ee2