Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Deprecate "not allow as-is commit with i-t-a entries"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:46:40 +0700

- git-add.txt changes are removed. In the end all kinds of commit
   behave the same way, not worth putting more explanation during the
   transition.

 - reword config text and warning text (or more precisely copy/paste
   from Junio/Jonathan's words)

 - Hard coded release numbers are removed. Now it's simply "in future".

 - Step 2 may be too annoying. Users are warned on every commit if
   commit.ignoreIntentToAdd is set. I think it's good because it keeps
   config file clean, but people may think otherwise.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  cache-tree: update API to take abitrary flags
  commit: introduce a config key to allow as-is commit with i-t-a entries
  commit: turn commit.ignoreIntentToAdd to true by default
  commit: remove commit.ignoreIntentToAdd, assume it's always true

 builtin/commit.c       |    9 ++++++---
 cache-tree.c           |   35 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 cache-tree.h           |    5 ++++-
 merge-recursive.c      |    2 +-
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh  |   21 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 test-dump-cache-tree.c |    2 +-
 6 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.8.36.g69ee2