Subject: [PATCH 00/65] Mark parseopt strings for translation

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 21:23:50 +0700

The main code change is in the first patch, which enables parseopt to
use gettext(). The rest is a bunch of N_(). I only post 2 patches
here. The rest can be found at

https://github.com/pclouds/git/commits/parseopt-i18n

About 1000 strings are marked for translation in this series.
Shell-based parseopt is not supported because I don't know how to mark
strings in shell scripts.

I suggest to merge this series (once it passes the review) in a
quiet time in next. Then I'll add additional patches to all topics in
pu that touch parseopt and keep doing so until the series graduates to
master.

Surprisingly, this series (based on master) does not cause any
conflicts with pu. So now may be a good time.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (65):
  i18n: parseopt: lookup help and argument translations when showing
    usage
  i18n: apply: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: archive: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: add: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: bisect--helper: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: blame: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: branch: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: cat-file: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: check-attr: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: checkout-index: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: checkout: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: cherry: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: clean: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: clone: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: column: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: commit: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: config: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: count-objects: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: describe: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: fast-export: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: fetch: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: fmt-merge-msg: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: for-each-ref: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: format-patch: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: fsck: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: gc: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: grep: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: hash-object: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: help: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: init-db: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: log: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: ls-files: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: ls-tree: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: merge-base: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: merge-file: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: merge: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: mktree: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: mv: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: name-rev: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: notes: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: pack-objects: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: pack-refs: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: prune-packed: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: prune: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: push: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: read-tree: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: remote: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: replace: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: status: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: rerere: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: reset: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: rev-parse: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: revert, cherry-pick: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: rm: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: shortlog: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: show-branch: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: show-ref: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: symbolic-ref: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: tag: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: update-index: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: update-ref: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: update-server-info: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: verify-pack: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: verify-tag: mark parseopt strings for translation
  i18n: write-tree: mark parseopt strings for translation

 archive.c                    |   38 +++++++-------
 builtin/add.c                |   26 +++++-----
 builtin/apply.c              |   62 +++++++++++-----------
 builtin/archive.c            |   12 ++--
 builtin/bisect--helper.c     |    6 +-
 builtin/blame.c              |   46 ++++++++--------
 builtin/branch.c             |   54 +++++++++---------
 builtin/cat-file.c           |   20 ++++----
 builtin/check-attr.c         |   12 ++--
 builtin/checkout-index.c     |   24 ++++----
 builtin/checkout.c           |   40 +++++++-------
 builtin/clean.c              |   18 +++---
 builtin/clone.c              |   56 ++++++++++----------
 builtin/column.c             |   16 +++---
 builtin/commit.c             |   98 +++++++++++++++++-----------------
 builtin/config.c             |   56 ++++++++++----------
 builtin/count-objects.c      |    4 +-
 builtin/describe.c           |   28 +++++-----
 builtin/fast-export.c        |   28 +++++-----
 builtin/fetch.c              |   48 ++++++++--------
 builtin/fmt-merge-msg.c      |   16 +++---
 builtin/for-each-ref.c       |   18 +++---
 builtin/fsck.c               |   24 ++++----
 builtin/gc.c                 |   12 ++--
 builtin/grep.c               |   90 ++++++++++++++++----------------
 builtin/hash-object.c        |   16 +++---
 builtin/help.c               |   10 ++--
 builtin/init-db.c            |   18 +++---
 builtin/log.c                |   80 ++++++++++++++--------------
 builtin/ls-files.c           |   54 +++++++++---------
 builtin/ls-tree.c            |   22 ++++----
 builtin/merge-base.c         |   12 ++--
 builtin/merge-file.c         |   20 ++++----
 builtin/merge.c              |   48 ++++++++--------
 builtin/mktree.c             |    8 ++--
 builtin/mv.c                 |   10 ++--
 builtin/name-rev.c           |   22 ++++----
 builtin/notes.c              |  120 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 builtin/pack-objects.c       |   64 +++++++++++-----------
 builtin/pack-refs.c          |    6 +-
 builtin/prune-packed.c       |    6 +-
 builtin/prune.c              |   10 ++--
 builtin/push.c               |   34 ++++++------
 builtin/read-tree.c          |   38 +++++++-------
 builtin/remote.c             |   84 +++++++++++++++---------------
 builtin/replace.c            |   12 ++--
 builtin/rerere.c             |    4 +-
 builtin/reset.c              |   20 ++++----
 builtin/rev-parse.c          |   18 +++---
 builtin/revert.c             |   36 ++++++------
 builtin/rm.c                 |   14 +++---
 builtin/shortlog.c           |   14 +++---
 builtin/show-branch.c        |   42 +++++++-------
 builtin/show-ref.c           |   28 +++++-----
 builtin/symbolic-ref.c       |    8 ++--
 builtin/tag.c                |   56 ++++++++++----------
 builtin/update-index.c       |   54 +++++++++---------
 builtin/update-ref.c         |   10 ++--
 builtin/update-server-info.c |    4 +-
 builtin/verify-pack.c        |    6 +-
 builtin/verify-tag.c         |    4 +-
 builtin/write-tree.c         |   10 ++--
 parse-options.c              |   19 ++++---
 parse-options.h              |   25 +++++----
 64 files changed, 962 insertions(+), 956 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.8.36.g69ee2