Subject: Re: [PATCH] i18n: apply: split to fix a partial i18n message

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:04:36 +0700

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Jiang Xin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The 4th arg of "new mode (%o) of %s does not match old mode (%o)%s%s"
> is blank string or string " of ". Even mark the string " of " for a
> complete i18n, this message is still hard to translate right.

Your patch looks good. I have a habit of looking for similar spots and
the following patches are the result. These messages are not marked
for translation because I think mass-marking by file or by command is
better.

Not sure if it's the right way to fix these though. For example, while
1/1 looks very good from i18n perspective, code-wise it's quite ugly.
Grouping format strings in array also prevents gcc from checking
correct parameters, I think.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (6):
  Remove i18n legos in notifying new branch tracking setup
  reflog: remove i18n legos in pruning message
  merge-recursive: remove i18n legos in conflict messages
  notes-merge: remove i18n legos in merge result message
  rerere: remove i18n legos in result message
  unpack-trees: remove i18n legos in unpack's porcelain error messages

 branch.c          | 48 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 builtin/reflog.c  |  8 ++++++--
 merge-recursive.c | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 notes-merge.c     | 11 ++++++++---
 rerere.c          | 12 ++++++------
 unpack-trees.c    | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 6 files changed, 119 insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.10.2.549.g9354186