Subject: [PATCH v3 00/10] fnmatch replacement

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 09:44:01 +0700

The first patch actually belongs to nd/wildmatch as it fixes how "**"
is only effective when it's surrounded by slashes.

Other fixes from v2 are WM_PATHNAME check is replaced by match_slash
(or "special" previously) in 8/10 and 9/10. WM_PATHNAME is only used
to set match_slash. If we rely on (the lack of) WM_PATHNAME, we may
miss "**" with WM_PATHNAME on.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (10):
  wildmatch: fix "**" special case
  compat/fnmatch: respect NO_FNMATCH* even on glibc
  wildmatch: replace variable 'special' with better named ones
  wildmatch: rename constants and update prototype
  wildmatch: make dowild() take arbitrary flags
  wildmatch: support "no FNM_PATHNAME" mode
  test-wildmatch: add "perf" command to compare wildmatch and fnmatch
  wildmatch: make a special case for "*/" with FNM_PATHNAME
  wildmatch: advance faster in <asterisk> + <literal> patterns
  Makefile: add USE_WILDMATCH to use wildmatch as fnmatch

 Makefile                 |   6 ++
 compat/fnmatch/fnmatch.c |   3 +-
 dir.c                    |   3 +-
 git-compat-util.h        |  13 ++++
 t/t3070-wildmatch.sh     |  45 +++++++++++++-
 test-wildmatch.c         |  82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 wildmatch.c              | 150 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 wildmatch.h              |  23 +++++---
 8 files changed, 257 insertions(+), 68 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.0.rc2.23.g1fb49df