Subject: [PATCH 0/3] rebasing changes that update submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:32:02 -0800

"git rebase" used to use "format-patch --full-index" to generate a
series of patches and let "git am --rebase" reconstruct a fake
preimage tree by reading the object names from the "index" lines.

With a230949 (am --rebasing: get patch body from commit, not from
mailbox, 2012-06-26), we switched to use "diff-tree", but forgot
that without "--full-index", the information generated on the
"index" line is insufficient to recreate a preimage tree that
contains a submodule.

The first one is the real fix to this issue.

The other two falls into the niceties category; they are to issue a
better error messge when the machinery is fed an abbreviated object
name on the "index" line for a submodule.

Junio C Hamano (3):
  git-am: record full index line in the patch used while rebasing
  apply: simplify build_fake_ancestor()
  apply: diagnose incomplete submodule object name better

 builtin/apply.c             | 30 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 git-am.sh                   |  2 +-
 t/t7402-submodule-rebase.sh | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.2.612.g09f4be5