Subject: [PATCH 0/3] fix git-p4 client root symlink problems

From: Pete Wyckoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:19:14 -0500

Miklós pointed out in

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/214915

that when the p4 client root included a symlink, bad things
happen.  It is fixable, but inconvenient, to use an absolute path
in one's p4 client.  It's not too hard to be smarter about this
in git-p4.

Thanks to Miklós for the patch, and to John for the style
suggestions.  I wrote a couple of tests to make sure this part
doesn't break again.

This is maybe a bug introduced by bf1d68f (git-p4: use absolute
directory for PWD env var, 2011-12-09), but that's so long ago
that I don't think this is a candidate for maint.

		-- Pete

Miklós Fazekas (1):
  git p4: avoid expanding client paths in chdir

Pete Wyckoff (2):
  git p4 test: make sure P4CONFIG relative path works
  git p4 test: should honor symlink in p4 client root

 git-p4.py               | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/t9808-git-p4-chdir.sh | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.2.rc2.64.g8335025