Subject: [PATCH 00/17] np/pack-v4 updates

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:57:46 +0700

This contains many bug fixes or cleanups. Also you can now run the
test suite with v4 by setting GIT_TEST_OPTS=--packv4. The test suite
passes now. pack size limit is not officially not supported with v4.
index-pack also learns to convert appended trees to v4 for completing
thin packs (still need to convert commits though)

PS. Nico do you still take patches and then send pull requests to
Junio occasionally, or should I start to CC Junio?

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (17):
  fixup! index-pack: record all delta bases in v4 (tree and ref-delta)
  fixup! packv4-parse.c: add tree offset caching
  fixup! pack-objects: support writing pack v4
  fixup! pack-objects: recognize v4 as pack source
  fixup! index-pack: support completing thin packs v4
  fixup! pack v4: move packv4-create.c to libgit.a
  fixup! index-pack, pack-objects: allow creating .idx v2 with .pack v4
  fixup! pack v4: code to obtain a SHA1 from a sha1ref
  fixup! pack-objects: add --version to specify written pack version
  test-lib.sh: add --packv4 for running the tests with pack v4 as default
  packv4-parse: accept ref-delta as base of pv4-tree
  pack-objects: do not add type OBJ_NONE to objects[] in pack v4
  index-pack: encode appended trees using v4 format in pack v4
  t5302: disable sealth corruption tests when run with --packv4
  t5300: avoid testing ofs-delta with --packv4
  pack-objects: disable pack size limit feature on pack v4
  t5303: adapt the tests to run with --packv4

 .gitignore                            |  1 +
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt    |  4 +++
 builtin/index-pack.c                  | 49 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 builtin/pack-objects.c                | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
 packv4-create.c                       | 20 ++++++++++++++
 packv4-create.h                       |  2 ++
 packv4-parse.c                        | 25 +++++++++++-------
 sha1_file.c                           |  4 ++-
 t/t5300-pack-object.sh                | 47 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
 t/t5302-pack-index.sh                 | 24 ++++++++---------
 t/t5303-pack-corruption-resilience.sh | 16 ++++++------
 t/test-lib.sh                         | 10 +++++++
 12 files changed, 173 insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.2.83.gc99314b