Subject: [PATCH 0/3] "Teaser" patch for rewriting blame for efficiency

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:23:38 +0100

Ok, here is the "teaser" for the git-blame rewrite.  The first two
patches are already in pu and only contained for simplicity.  The
third patch gives a pretty good idea about the work that's up.  It is
missing support for the -M and -C options (I think, if that's what the
"move" and "copy" detection are supposed to be about).  Part of
preexisting code is #if 0/#endif removed since I don't know yet
whether the implementation of copy/move will need some of that.

Apart from these rather obvious problems, the question is whether it
is ok to do the finished rewrite as a single commit since I cannot
really envision useful intermediate stages.

While there is not much of a point on commenting on the code (and its
tentative changes) within #if 0/#endif, the code that is actually
compiled is of course open to preliminary criticism.

For obvious reasons, patch #3 is not signed off: it should never be
committed in its current form.

David Kastrup (3):
  builtin/blame.c: struct blame_entry does not need a prev link
  Eliminate same_suspect function in builtin/blame.c
  builtin/blame.c: large-scale rewrite

 builtin/blame.c | 595 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 371 insertions(+), 224 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.2