Subject: [PATCH 5/6] protocol-capabilities.txt: document no-done

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:10:38 +0700

See 3e63b21 (upload-pack: Implement no-done capability - 2011-03-14)
and 761ecf0 (fetch-pack: Implement no-done capability - 2011-03-14)
for more information.

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt | 12 ++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt b/Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt
index cb40ebb..cb2f5eb 100644
--- a/Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt
+++ b/Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt
@@ -75,6 +75,18 @@ This is an extension of multi_ack that permits client to better
 understand the server's in-memory state. See pack-protocol.txt,
 section "Packfile Negotiation" for more information.
 
+no-done
+-------
+This capability should be only used with smart HTTP protocol. If
+multi_ack_detailed and no-done are both present, then the sender is
+free to immediately send a pack following its first "ACK obj-id ready"
+message.
+
+Without no-done in smart HTTP protocol, the server session would end
+and the client has to make another trip to send "done" and the server
+can send the pack. no-done removes the last round and thus slightly
+reduces latency.
+
 thin-pack
 ---------
 
-- 
1.8.5.2.240.g8478abd