Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Better "gc --aggressive"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 20:34:59 +0700

See [1] for the discussion that led to this series. It attempts to
pack the repo with two different depths: old history tightly packed
(smaller but also takes longer time to access) and recent history on
the opposite.

First draft, probably still some bugs lurking in pack_old_history().
It would be great if people could try it out on large repos and report
back the results (pack size between the old and new aggressive, gc
time, git log and blame speed...)

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/242277

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  environment.c: fix constness for odb_pack_keep()
  pack-objects: support --keep
  gc --aggressive: make --depth configurable
  gc --aggressive: three phase repacking

 Documentation/config.txt           |  24 ++++++++
 Documentation/git-gc.txt           |   3 +
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt |   4 ++
 builtin/gc.c                       | 113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 builtin/pack-objects.c             |  26 +++++++++
 environment.c                      |   2 +-
 git-compat-util.h                  |   2 +-
 7 files changed, 169 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
1.9.0.40.gaa8c3ea