Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 00/28] Support multiple checkouts

From: Dennis Kaarsemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:49:01 +0200

On ma, 2014-07-07 at 17:25 +0700, Duy Nguyen wrote:

> > I also have a comment about how it interacts with submodules.
> > Would it be more appropriate to mark "modules" as a
> > per-checkout directory? Because each of the working tree's
> > submodule is obviously a separated directory in filesystem,
> > and in most cases (at least in my practice) they are
> > checked-out to different revisions.
> 
> Submodule interaction is something I have avoided so far because I'm
> not a big user and admittedly does not follow its development closely.
> I think we could get this in first, then let submodule people aware
> about this feature and let them decide how to use it.

I do intend to use checkout --to and submodule update on the same
repository, but have not yet done so. I will poke at that later this
month. If you can easily reproduce errors, I would appreciate to know
how, because my use of submodules is very limited.
-- 
Dennis Kaarsemaker
http://www.kaarsemaker.net