Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] Speed up cache loading time

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:03:06 +0700

This is the polished version of v2 [1], rebased on master (now that
split-index has graduated). I wanted to add some tests, but can't
think of any way to do it (at least it won't work on Windows).
Although with --strict turned on by default, it's less likely that
bugs in index-helper could propagate far.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/251186

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (9):
  trace.c: add GIT_TRACE_PACK_STATS for pack usage statistics
  read-cache.c: fix constness of verify_hdr()
  read-cache: allow to keep mmap'd memory after reading
  index-helper: new daemon for caching index and related stuff
  trace.c: add GIT_TRACE_INDEX_STATS for index  statistics
  index-helper: add --strict
  daemonize(): set a flag before exiting the main process
  index-helper: add --detach
  index-helper: add Windows support

 .gitignore                               |   1 +
 Documentation/git-index-helper.txt (new) |  56 +++++++
 Documentation/git.txt                    |   4 +
 Makefile                                 |   9 ++
 builtin/gc.c                             |   2 +-
 cache.h                                  |  11 +-
 config.mak.uname                         |   3 +
 daemon.c                                 |   2 +-
 git-compat-util.h                        |   1 +
 git.c                                    |   1 +
 index-helper.c (new)                     | 258 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 read-cache.c                             | 119 +++++++++++++-
 setup.c                                  |   4 +-
 sha1_file.c                              |  24 +++
 shm.c (new)                              | 163 +++++++++++++++++++
 shm.h (new)                              |  23 +++
 trace.c                                  |  16 ++
 trace.h                                  |   1 +
 18 files changed, 686 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/git-index-helper.txt
 create mode 100644 index-helper.c
 create mode 100644 shm.c
 create mode 100644 shm.h

-- 
2.1.0.rc0.66.gb9187ad