Subject: [PATCH v3 00/32] nd/multiple-work-trees

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 08:22:14 +0700

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> It has been a while since the last review exchanges were seen.  Will
> it be time for v3 soon?

Sorry I've been slow on picking up feedback from v2. v3 is rebased on
latest master. Other changes are mostly *.txt, and one broken &&
chain.

Dennis Kaarsemaker (1):
  checkout: don't require a work tree when checking out into a new one

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (31):
  path.c: make get_pathname() return strbuf instead of static buffer
  path.c: make get_pathname() call sites return const char *
  git_snpath(): retire and replace with strbuf_git_path()
  path.c: rename vsnpath() to do_git_path()
  path.c: group git_path(), git_pathdup() and strbuf_git_path() together
  git_path(): be aware of file relocation in $GIT_DIR
  *.sh: respect $GIT_INDEX_FILE
  reflog: avoid constructing .lock path with git_path
  fast-import: use git_path() for accessing .git dir instead of get_git_dir()
  commit: use SEQ_DIR instead of hardcoding "sequencer"
  $GIT_COMMON_DIR: a new environment variable
  git-sh-setup.sh: use rev-parse --git-path to get $GIT_DIR/objects
  *.sh: avoid hardcoding $GIT_DIR/hooks/...
  git-stash: avoid hardcoding $GIT_DIR/logs/....
  setup.c: convert is_git_directory() to use strbuf
  setup.c: detect $GIT_COMMON_DIR in is_git_directory()
  setup.c: convert check_repository_format_gently to use strbuf
  setup.c: detect $GIT_COMMON_DIR check_repository_format_gently()
  setup.c: support multi-checkout repo setup
  wrapper.c: wrapper to open a file, fprintf then close
  use new wrapper write_file() for simple file writing
  checkout: support checking out into a new working directory
  prune: strategies for linked checkouts
  checkout: reject if the branch is already checked out elsewhere
  checkout: clean up half-prepared directories in --to mode
  gc: style change -- no SP before closing parenthesis
  gc: factor out gc.pruneexpire parsing code
  gc: support prune --worktrees
  count-objects: report unused files in $GIT_DIR/worktrees/...
  git_path(): keep "info/sparse-checkout" per work-tree
  t2025: add a test to make sure grafts is working from a linked checkout

 Documentation/config.txt                   |   9 +
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt             |  69 ++++++++
 Documentation/git-prune.txt                |   3 +
 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt            |  10 ++
 Documentation/git.txt                      |   9 +
 Documentation/gitrepository-layout.txt     |  78 +++++++--
 builtin/branch.c                           |   4 +-
 builtin/checkout.c                         | 260 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 builtin/clone.c                            |   9 +-
 builtin/commit.c                           |   2 +-
 builtin/count-objects.c                    |   4 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                            |   5 +-
 builtin/fsck.c                             |   4 +-
 builtin/gc.c                               |  34 ++--
 builtin/init-db.c                          |   7 +-
 builtin/prune.c                            |  95 +++++++++++
 builtin/receive-pack.c                     |   2 +-
 builtin/reflog.c                           |   2 +-
 builtin/remote.c                           |   2 +-
 builtin/repack.c                           |   8 +-
 builtin/rev-parse.c                        |  11 ++
 cache.h                                    |  17 +-
 daemon.c                                   |  11 +-
 environment.c                              |  33 +++-
 fast-import.c                              |   7 +-
 git-am.sh                                  |  22 +--
 git-pull.sh                                |   2 +-
 git-rebase--interactive.sh                 |   6 +-
 git-rebase--merge.sh                       |   6 +-
 git-rebase.sh                              |   4 +-
 git-sh-setup.sh                            |   2 +-
 git-stash.sh                               |   6 +-
 git.c                                      |   2 +-
 notes-merge.c                              |   6 +-
 path.c                                     | 234 +++++++++++++++++---------
 refs.c                                     |  86 ++++++----
 refs.h                                     |   2 +-
 run-command.c                              |   4 +-
 run-command.h                              |   2 +-
 setup.c                                    | 124 +++++++++++---
 sha1_file.c                                |   2 +-
 submodule.c                                |   9 +-
 t/t0060-path-utils.sh                      |  36 ++++
 t/t1501-worktree.sh                        |  76 +++++++++
 t/t1510-repo-setup.sh                      |   1 +
 t/t2025-checkout-to.sh (new +x)            | 117 +++++++++++++
 t/t2026-prune-linked-checkouts.sh (new +x) |  84 ++++++++++
 templates/hooks--applypatch-msg.sample     |   4 +-
 templates/hooks--pre-applypatch.sample     |   4 +-
 trace.c                                    |   1 +
 transport.c                                |   8 +-
 wrapper.c                                  |  31 ++++
 52 files changed, 1306 insertions(+), 270 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t2025-checkout-to.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t2026-prune-linked-checkouts.sh

-- 
2.1.0.rc0.78.gc0d8480