Subject: [PATCH v3 08/32] reflog: avoid constructing .lock path with git_path

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 08:22:22 +0700

Among pathnames in $GIT_DIR, e.g. "index" or "packed-refs", we want to
automatically and silently map some of them to the $GIT_DIR of the
repository we are borrowing from via $GIT_COMMON_DIR mechanism.  When
we formulate the pathname for its lockfile, we want it to be in the
same location as its final destination.  "index" is not shared and
needs to remain in the borrowing repository, while "packed-refs" is
shared and needs to go to the borrowed repository.

git_path() could be taught about the ".lock" suffix and map
"index.lock" and "packed-refs.lock" the same way their basenames are
mapped, but instead the caller can help by asking where the basename
(e.g. "index") is mapped to git_path() and then appending ".lock"
after the mapping is done.

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/reflog.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/builtin/reflog.c b/builtin/reflog.c
index e8a8fb1..9bd874d 100644
--- a/builtin/reflog.c
+++ b/builtin/reflog.c
@@ -372,7 +372,7 @@ static int expire_reflog(const char *ref, const unsigned char *sha1, int unused,
 	if (!reflog_exists(ref))
 		goto finish;
 	if (!cmd->dry_run) {
-		newlog_path = git_pathdup("logs/%s.lock", ref);
+		newlog_path = mkpathdup("%s.lock", log_file);
 		cb.newlog = fopen(newlog_path, "w");
 	}
 
-- 
2.1.0.rc0.78.gc0d8480