Subject: [PATCH/RFC 0/4] some attr optimizations

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:53:21 +0700

I wondered if I could mark some untracked files but 'precious' using
git attributes. Then I worried that the majority of people who don't
care about this precious thing will have to pay for git_check_attr()
just because some people want it.

Which led me to try to optimize the attr machinery so that, if there's
no sign of "precious" (or any attribute of interest) being defined, we
can keep the overhead down to minimum. The test suite passes, but
these optimizations could break down in subtle ways...

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  attr.c: rename global var attr_nr to git_attr_nr
  attr.c: split path processing code out of collect_all_attrs()
  attr: do not attempt to expand when we know it's not a macro
  attr: avoid heavy work when we know the specified attr is not defined

 attr.c | 92 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 1 file changed, 74 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
2.2.0.84.ge9c7a8a