Subject: [PATCH/RFD 0/3] worktree.* config keys and submodule and multiple worktrees

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 20:16:31 +0700

1/3 is a more complete version of a patch I posted earlier [1]. It
makes sure that worktree.* config keys are stored in a different place
than $GIT_DIR/config. This allows us to work around the core.worktree
issue in multiple worktree setting.

I think 1/3 and 2/3 are fine. 3/3 is probably not. It's more of a
proof of concept. The tests pass, but there's no migration path for
existing submodules. Submodules modified by new Git will confuse old
Git because the old ones do not understand worktree.path (the
replacement for core.worktree)

But I think it's a start..

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/263134

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (3):
  config.c: new config namespace worktree.* stored in $GIT_DIR/config.worktree
  setup: add worktree.path to shadow core.worktree
  submodule: use worktree.path instead of core.worktree

 Documentation/config.txt               |  7 ++++++-
 builtin/config.c                       |  8 +++++++
 config.c                               | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 git-submodule.sh                       |  2 +-
 setup.c                                |  7 ++++++-
 submodule.c                            |  6 +++---
 t/lib-submodule-update.sh              |  8 +++----
 t/t1300-repo-config.sh                 | 31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh             |  4 ++--
 t/t7409-submodule-detached-worktree.sh |  6 +++---
 10 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
2.3.0.rc1.137.g477eb31