Subject: [PATCH 1/6] merge: tidy up options

From: Stephen Robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 01:00:48 +0100

THIS PATCH SERIES IS NOT CODE-COMPLETE OR FULLY TESTED.
See code comments beginning TODO for work remaining.

Hide --summary (it is a deprecated synonym for --stat).
Correct capitalization of the description of --verify-signatures.
Correct indentation of code.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Robin <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/merge.c | 10 +++++-----
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/builtin/merge.c b/builtin/merge.c
index 3b0f8f9..d6b0579 100644
--- a/builtin/merge.c
+++ b/builtin/merge.c
@@ -194,10 +194,10 @@ static struct option builtin_merge_options[] = {
 		PARSE_OPT_NOARG, option_parse_n },
 	OPT_BOOL(0, "stat", &show_diffstat,
 		N_("show a diffstat at the end of the merge")),
-	OPT_BOOL(0, "summary", &show_diffstat, N_("(synonym to --stat)")),
+	OPT_HIDDEN_BOOL(0, "summary", &show_diffstat, N_("(synonym to --stat)")),
 	{ OPTION_INTEGER, 0, "log", &shortlog_len, N_("n"),
-	  N_("add (at most <n>) entries from shortlog to merge commit message"),
-	  PARSE_OPT_OPTARG, NULL, DEFAULT_MERGE_LOG_LEN },
+		N_("add (at most <n>) entries from shortlog to merge commit message"),
+		PARSE_OPT_OPTARG, NULL, DEFAULT_MERGE_LOG_LEN },
 	OPT_BOOL(0, "squash", &squash,
 		N_("create a single commit instead of doing a merge")),
 	OPT_BOOL(0, "commit", &option_commit,
@@ -210,7 +210,7 @@ static struct option builtin_merge_options[] = {
 		PARSE_OPT_NOARG | PARSE_OPT_NONEG, NULL, FF_ONLY },
 	OPT_RERERE_AUTOUPDATE(&allow_rerere_auto),
 	OPT_BOOL(0, "verify-signatures", &verify_signatures,
-		N_("Verify that the named commit has a valid GPG signature")),
+		N_("verify that the named commit has a valid GPG signature")),
 	OPT_CALLBACK('s', "strategy", &use_strategies, N_("strategy"),
 		N_("merge strategy to use"), option_parse_strategy),
 	OPT_CALLBACK('X', "strategy-option", &xopts, N_("option=value"),
@@ -223,7 +223,7 @@ static struct option builtin_merge_options[] = {
 		N_("abort the current in-progress merge")),
 	OPT_SET_INT(0, "progress", &show_progress, N_("force progress reporting"), 1),
 	{ OPTION_STRING, 'S', "gpg-sign", &sign_commit, N_("key-id"),
-	  N_("GPG sign commit"), PARSE_OPT_OPTARG, NULL, (intptr_t) "" },
+		N_("GPG sign commit"), PARSE_OPT_OPTARG, NULL, (intptr_t) "" },
 	OPT_BOOL(0, "overwrite-ignore", &overwrite_ignore, N_("update ignored files (default)")),
 	OPT_END()
 };
-- 
2.4.0.7.gf20f26f