Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] Improve git-pull test coverage

From: Paul Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 17:08:47 +0800

This is a re-roll of [1]. This series depends on jc/merge.

This patch series improves test coverage of git-pull.sh, and is part of my
GSoC project to rewrite git-pull into a builtin. Improving test coverage
helps to prevent regressions that could occur due to the rewrite.

This re-roll includes the following changes across all patches:

* Added clean-up patch to fix file content comparisons in t5520

* All file content comparisons are quoted to prevent word splitting and use
  verbose() to provide better error messages.

* Style: References to commits are standardized with their summary and date.

* Failing tests have been removed. This series will be solely used to extend
  test coverage of already working functionality. Bugs will be fixed in their
  own patch series'.

* Style: Instead of redirecting stderr to a file named "out", redirect it to a
  file named "err".

Thanks Eric, Torsten, Junio, Stefan, Dscho and Johannes for your reviews last
round.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/268510/

Paul Tan (9):
  t5520: fixup file contents comparisons
  t5520: ensure origin refs are updated
  t5520: test no merge candidates cases
  t5520: test for failure if index has unresolved entries
  t5520: test work tree fast-forward when fetch updates head
  t5520: test --rebase with multiple branches
  t5520: test --rebase failure on unborn branch with index
  t5521: test --dry-run does not make any changes
  t5520: check reflog action in fast-forward merge

 t/t5520-pull.sh         | 214 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 t/t5521-pull-options.sh |  13 +++
 2 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

-- 
2.1.4