Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add compat/setenv.c, use in git.c.

From: Jason Riedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:59:23 -0800

And Junio C Hamano writes:
 - I'd like to throw in another Makefile patch to catch both 5.8 and 
 - 5.9 for this, but would appreciate if people with various vintage 
 - of Solaris boxes can give some inputs before doing that.

Anyone else seeing the qsort in object.c trash memory?  The
input _looks_ correct.  I only see this on Solaris (8), but 
I've never had a problem with qsort there.  I think we have 
a Solaris 9 box around here somewhere, but probably only
partially 9.  The admins here are too busy fixing Windows to
maintain anything else properly.

 - This was done with somewhat stripped down configuration.

Once I replace the qsort (with an insertion sort), almost all 
the tests work with my odd-ball but full configuration.  I'm 
having some problems with cpio in the push tests, but it's 
just some path issue for my setup.  When I run the same 
commands by hand, they work.

I'll test this on AIX again soon.

Jason