Subject: [PATCH 5/7] pack-protocol.txt: Be more precise about pusher-key relationship

From: Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 11:08:17 -0700

The use of "must" (albeit not in all caps) suggests that this is
actually a requirement of the protocol. As no implementation exists
that actually does this verification, this is misleading at best.

Signed-off-by: Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt b/Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt
index de3c72c..f37dcf1 100644
--- a/Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt
+++ b/Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt
@@ -564,7 +564,8 @@ Currently, the following header fields are defined:
 The GPG signature lines are a detached signature for the contents
 recorded in the push certificate before the signature block begins.
 The detached signature is used to certify that the commands were
-given by the pusher, who must be the signer.
+given by the pusher, which verifier code SHOULD enforce is a valid User
+ID associated with the signer.
 
 Report Status
 -------------
-- 
2.4.3.573.g4eafbef