Subject: Re: Git tag: pre-receive hook issue

From: "Keller, Jacob E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:02:45 +0000

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 13:13 +0530, Gaurav Chhabra wrote:
> Hi Jake,
> 
> Thanks about the refs/tags check. I’m aware about this. Junio also
> explained it in one of his replies. I was actually confused why my
> current code was working in past for few of the annotated tags.
> Anyways, now that I have clarity about the mistake in the code, I
> guess, I’ll figure it out myself.
> 
> @Junio: Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation about the ‘behind
> the scenes’ activity during a push process. That was definitely
> helpful and will help me in future too.
> 
> @Jake: Thanks for your help and your patience in explaining things.
> 

No problem. I'm also not certain why it would have worked in some
cases, so that is definitely confusing, but at least you can get it
sorted to do what you intend. Best of luck!

Regards,
Jake