Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] object_id part 14

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:12:03 -0400

On 7/8/2018 11:12 PM, Jacob Keller wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 4:39 PM brian m. carlson
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> This is the fourteenth series of patches to switch to using struct
>> object_id and the_hash_algo.  This series converts several core pieces
>> to use struct object_id, including the oid* and hex functions.
>>
>> All of these patches have been tested with both SHA-1 and a 256-bit
>> hash.
>>
> I read through the series, and didn't spot anything odd, except for
> the question about reasoning for why we use memcmp directly over using
> hashcmp. I don't think that's any sort of blocker, it just seemed an
> odd decision to me.

I also read through the series and only found the 100/200 constants 
confusing. Not worth blocking on, but I'm CC'ing Michael Haggerty to 
comment if he knows how the magic 100 was computed.

Thanks,
-Stolee