Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Use watchman to reduce index refresh time

From: David Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:04:28 -0500

On Mon, 2015-11-09 at 21:06 +0100, Christian Couder wrote:
> Using David's series I get worse results than all of the above but I
> guess it's because his series is based on an ancient git version
> (v2.0.0-rc0).

My more-recent series is on top of 2.4, but (for webkit):
mine: 0m0.206s 
duy's: 0m0.107s

However, I'm getting occasional index-helper segfaults due to
istate->last_update being NULL.  (I'm using Duy's  index-helper branch
from his github + this patchset + a function signature fix due to a
newer version of libwatchman).  I haven't looked into why this is --
maybe accidentally mixing git versions while testing?  

Also, after messing around for a while (on Duy's branch), I ended up in
a state where git status would take ~2.5s every time.  The index helper
was alive but evidently not working right.  Killing and restarting it
worked.  Actually, I think I can repro this more easily: "git rm
Changelog" seems to put the index-helper into this state.