Subject: [PATCH 5/5] git-worktree.txt: mention about the config file split

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 20:13:46 +0100

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-worktree.txt | 13 +++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-worktree.txt b/Documentation/git-worktree.txt
index 5b9ad04..299e4f2 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-worktree.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-worktree.txt
@@ -147,6 +147,19 @@ to `/path/main/.git/worktrees/test-next` then a file named
 `test-next` entry from being pruned.  See
 linkgit:gitrepository-layout[5] for details.
 
+Similar to the file system split in ".git", the repository config file
+is also split. Certain variables, for example core.worktree, are
+per-worktree while the majority of variables are still shared (see
+linkgit:git-config[1] for details). Shared variables and per-working
+tree ones that belong to the main working tree are in .git/config.
+Per-working tree variables for working tree X are in
+$GIT_COMMON_DIR/worktrees/X/config.worktree. Even though per-working
+tree variables for the main working tree are in the default config
+place, they are invisible from all linked working trees.  You can make
+more config variables per-working tree by adding them in
+.git/info/config.worktree (see linkgit:gitrepository-layout[5] for
+details).
+
 LIST OUTPUT FORMAT
 ------------------
 The worktree list command has two output formats.  The default format shows the
-- 
2.2.0.513.g477eb31