Subject: [PATCH 0/4] .gitignore, reinclude rules, take 2

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:03:35 +0700

Take one was bad and reverted in commit 8c72236. Take two provides a
more complete solution to the pair of rules

  exclude/this
  !exclude/this/except/this

3/4 should do a better job at stopping regressions in take 1. 4/4
provides the solution. I think I have tested (and wrote tests) for all
the cases I can imagine.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  dir.c: fix match_pathname()
  dir.c: support tracing exclude
  dir.c: support marking some patterns already matched
  dir.c: don't exclude whole dir prematurely

 Documentation/git-check-ignore.txt          |   1 +
 Documentation/git.txt                       |   5 +
 Documentation/gitignore.txt                 |  17 ++-
 dir.c                                       | 204 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 dir.h                                       |   3 +
 t/t3001-ls-files-others-exclude.sh          |   7 +-
 t/t3007-ls-files-other-negative.sh (new +x) | 153 +++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 378 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t3007-ls-files-other-negative.sh

-- 
2.7.0.377.g4cd97dd