Subject: [PATCH 00/22] Mark more strings for translation

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 13:41:51 +0700

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In previous cycles, I often left many topics in 'next' when tagging
> this zero-th preview, but eventually merged them before the final.
> I decided to do things a bit differently for this cycle: a topic,
> once it hits 'next', will not be rewound and only refined and
> corrected with incremental updates, so the only effect such a late
> merge to 'master' before the final is that some topics are not as
> widely tested on 'master' before the final one is tagged.
>
> So this -rc0 is deliberately aggressive in that it includes all
> topics that have been cooking in 'next' that I think we can fix bugs
> that might still lurking in them before the final (it merges 25
> topics since the last batch to 'master').  The topics not merged to
> this preview, on the other hand, will not be considered for 2.8
> final, even though I might later succumb to the temptation to pick
> up ones that are in 'next' as of today ;-)

Beautiful. This allows me to fix up all i18n strings in a single
series instead of spreading them across many topics in 'next'. I'm not
sure if there's enough time for translators before release though. It
depends on how many rc- there are and how long it takes for this
series to graduate.

This series marks many strings for translation. It's a result of
looking for new strings between 1.7.2 and 'master', and sometimes
looking around touched files some more.

Most of these are wrapping _() around strings, except 01/22 (enable
gettext) and 20/22 and 21/22, which convert some more strings (they
have been in my queue for a year)

  [01/22] credential-cache--daemon: enable localized messages
  [02/22] builtin/blame.c: mark strings for translation
  [03/22] builtin/checkout.c: mark strings for translation
  [04/22] builtin/clone.c: mark strings for translation
  [05/22] builtin/config.c: mark strings for translation
  [06/22] builtin/config.c: mark strings for translation
  [07/22] builtin/update-index.c: mark strings for translation
  [08/22] convert.c: mark strings for translation
  [09/22] credential-cache--daemon.c: mark strings for translation
  [10/22] http.c: mark strings for translation
  [11/22] ident.c: mark strings for translation
  [12/22] notes.c: mark strings for translation
  [13/22] ref-filter.c: mark strings for translation
  [14/22] refs/files-backend.c: mark strings for translation
  [15/22] remote-curl.c: mark strings for translation
  [16/22] run-command.c: mark strings for translation
  [17/22] sha1_file.c: mark strings for translation
  [18/22] submodule.c: mark strings for translation
  [19/22] trailer.c: mark strings for translation
  [20/22] transport-helper.c: mark strings for translating
  [21/22] transport.c: mark strings for translating
  [22/22] wrapper.c: mark strings for translation

Total 20 files changed, 385 insertions(+), 372 deletions(-)