Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/21] replacement for dt/refs-backend-lmdb v7 patch 04/33

From: David Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 02:47:14 -0400

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 11:04 +0100, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> Patch 04/33 in David Turner's refs-backend-lmdb series v7 [1] did way
> too much in a single patch, and in fact got a few minor things wrong.
> Instead of that patch, I suggest this patch series, which
> ...

LGTM.  I think I would squash these patches:
  fsck_head_link(): remove unneeded flag variable
  cmd_merge(): remove unneeded flag variable
  get_default_remote(): remove unneeded flag variable
  checkout_paths(): remove unneeded flag variable

But that's up to you.

I incorporated your changes into the lmdb backend.  To make merging
later more convenient, I rebased on top of pu -- I think this mainly
depends on jk/check-repository-format, but I also included some fixes
for a couple of tests that had been changed by other patches.

The current version can be found here:

https://github.com/dturner-tw/git/tree/dturner/pluggable-backends

I won't resend the full patchset to the list until I hear back on the
rest of the review.

It seems like maybe we should now split this into two patchsets:
everything up to and including "refs: move resolve_ref_unsafe into
common code" does not depend on the backend structure and could go in
earlier.  If you agree, we could send that first series and get it in,
hopefully reducing later merge conflicts.