Subject: Feature request: Add word wrapping to gitk display

From: Ailin Nemui <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 11:37:52 +0200

Hi,

when working on text files with long lines, "word diff" can produce
appropriate diff display. However, the long lines cannot be viewed very
well in gitk (requires excessive scrolling).

I found out that it is quite easy to achieve this

index 805a1c7..5ba7472 100755
--- a/gitk
+++ b/gitk
@@ -2404,7 +2404,7 @@ proc makewindow {} {
     set ctext .bleft.bottom.ctext
     text $ctext -background $bgcolor -foreground $fgcolor \
        -state disabled -font textfont \
-       -yscrollcommand scrolltext -wrap none \
+       -yscrollcommand scrolltext -wrap word \
        -xscrollcommand ".bleft.bottom.sbhorizontal set"
     if {$have_tk85} {
        $ctext conf -tabstyle wordprocessor

however I'm not otherwise knowledgeable about Tk to make this a
properly configurable switch. I think it would be a very nice addition
to have, a check box next to "Line diff/ color words" that says "Wrap
words in display".

Thanks,
Nei