Subject: [PATCH v12 00/20] index-helper/watchman

From: David Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 17:45:37 -0400

Of course, as soon as I pinged on the previous version, I noticed an issue.

In that version, git index-helper --exit-after 0 was documented to
never exit, but it would in fact exit immediately.  This changes patch
04/20.

In addition, I noticed that there was no way to control the timeout on
automatically-run index-helpers, so I fixed that (with a new patch at
the end of the series).

Everything else is the same as the updated version of v11.

David Turner (9):
  pkt-line: add gentle version of packet_write
  index-helper: log warnings
  unpack-trees: preserve index extensions
  watchman: add a config option to enable the extension
  index-helper: kill mode
  index-helper: don't run if already running
  index-helper: autorun mode
  index-helper: optionally automatically run
  index-helper: indexhelper.exitafter config

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (11):
  read-cache.c: fix constness of verify_hdr()
  read-cache: allow to keep mmap'd memory after reading
  index-helper: new daemon for caching index and related stuff
  index-helper: add --strict
  daemonize(): set a flag before exiting the main process
  index-helper: add --detach
  read-cache: add watchman 'WAMA' extension
  watchman: support watchman to reduce index refresh cost
  index-helper: use watchman to avoid refreshing index with lstat()
  update-index: enable/disable watchman support
  trace: measure where the time is spent in the index-heavy operations

 .gitignore                               |   2 +
 Documentation/config.txt                 |  12 +
 Documentation/git-index-helper.txt       |  81 +++++
 Documentation/git-update-index.txt       |   6 +
 Documentation/technical/index-format.txt |  22 ++
 Makefile                                 |  18 ++
 builtin/gc.c                             |   2 +-
 builtin/update-index.c                   |  16 +
 cache.h                                  |  25 +-
 config.c                                 |   5 +
 configure.ac                             |   8 +
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash   |   1 +
 daemon.c                                 |   2 +-
 diff-lib.c                               |   4 +
 dir.c                                    |  25 +-
 dir.h                                    |   6 +
 environment.c                            |   3 +
 git-compat-util.h                        |   1 +
 index-helper.c                           | 491 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 name-hash.c                              |   2 +
 pkt-line.c                               |  18 ++
 pkt-line.h                               |   2 +
 preload-index.c                          |   2 +
 read-cache.c                             | 527 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 refs/files-backend.c                     |   2 +
 setup.c                                  |   4 +-
 t/t1701-watchman-extension.sh            |  37 +++
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh        |  22 ++
 t/t7900-index-helper.sh                  |  77 +++++
 t/test-lib-functions.sh                  |   4 +
 test-dump-watchman.c                     |  16 +
 unpack-trees.c                           |   1 +
 watchman-support.c                       | 135 ++++++++
 watchman-support.h                       |   7 +
 34 files changed, 1565 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/git-index-helper.txt
 create mode 100644 index-helper.c
 create mode 100755 t/t1701-watchman-extension.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t7900-index-helper.sh
 create mode 100644 test-dump-watchman.c
 create mode 100644 watchman-support.c
 create mode 100644 watchman-support.h

-- 
2.4.2.767.g62658d5-twtrsrc