Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] i18n: archive: mark errors for translation

From: Vasco Almeida <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:28:17 +0000

A Ter, 09-08-2016 às 12:35 -0700, Junio C Hamano escreveu:
> Hmm, this function is called by write_archive(), which can be called
> by the upload-archive process running on the remote end, whose
> locale certainly is different from that of your local environment.
> 
> If I do not read English and got one of these messages from the
> remote end, I can copy that into a search engine to read more about
> the error, but if I got it translated into, say, Portuguese, I'd
> have a (slightly) harder time dealing with the error, I would think.
> 
> Having said that, I expect that sites that expect internatinal
> audience to come would run these services in C locale, and other
> sites that target audiences in a single locale would choose to use
> their favourite single locale, so probably we do not have to worry
> about it.

I don't know what is the best. I trust you to decide. I'm happy with
whatever you decide.

When I marked those string I did not noticed what you did, just spot
the string and marked them. So I submitted this without taking that
into consideration.