Subject: [PATCH 0/3] recursive support for ls-files

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:13:31 -0700

After looking at the feedback I rerolled a few things, in particular the
--submodule_prefix option that existed to give a submodule context about where
it had been invoked from.  People didn't seem to like the idea of exposing this
to the users (yet anyways) so I removed it as an option and instead have it
being passed to a child process via an environment variable
GIT_INTERNAL_SUBMODULE_PREFIX.  This way we don't have to support anything to
external users at the moment.

Also fixed a bug (and added a test) for the -z options as pointed out by Jeff
King.

Brandon Williams (3):
  submodules: make submodule-prefix option an envvar
  ls-files: optionally recurse into submodules
  ls-files: add pathspec matching for submodules

 Documentation/git-ls-files.txt         |   7 +-
 builtin/ls-files.c                     | 173 ++++++++++++++++++++-------
 cache.h                                |   1 +
 dir.c                                  |  46 +++++++-
 dir.h                                  |   4 +
 environment.c                          |   1 +
 t/t3007-ls-files-recurse-submodules.sh | 209 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 398 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t3007-ls-files-recurse-submodules.sh

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020