Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] submodule: ignore trailing slash on superproject URL

From: Dennis Kaarsemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 21:58:36 +0200

[And now with CC to the list, sorry Stefan]

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 10:56 -0700, Stefan Beller wrote:
> Before 63e95beb0 (2016-04-15, submodule: port resolve_relative_url from
> shell to C), it did not matter if the superprojects URL had a trailing
> slash or not. It was just chopped off as one of the first steps
> (The "remoteurl=${remoteurl%/}" near the beginning of
> resolve_relative_url(), which was removed in said commit).
> 
> When porting this to the C version, an off-by-one error was introduced
> and we did not check the actual last character to be a slash, but the
> NULL delimiter.
> 
> Reintroduce the behavior from before 63e95beb0, to ignore the trailing
> slash.

Looks good to me, and fixes my simple testcase and cloning epiphany
with trailing slash. Thanks!

D.